Best Kidney Transplant Surgeon
Kidney Transplant Center, our approach involves integrating multiple requirements for patients suffering from end stage kidney failure looking out for a kidney transplant. Lead by the young & dynamic, internationally acclaimed transplant surgeon, the group is solely dedicated to produce best outcomes in kidney transplantation.
- Highly Experienced and Trained Team.
- Holistic Pre & Post Transplant Specialized care.
- We are Best in class with world class Infrastructure.
Dr Neeraj Goyal M.S.(PGI, Chandigarh), M.Ch.(Urology) is a leading urologist and kidney transplant surgeon of the region. He comes with a rich 15 years of surgical experience. He has been instrumental in establishing the department of kidney transplant and has started the kidney transplant program at Alchemist Hospital, Panchkula and is pioneer of the field in this region of Haryana. He has been trained at some of the best Institutes of India like PGI, Chandigarh and King George’s Medical University, Lucknow. He has been a former faculty and Assistant Professor of Urology and Kidney Transplant at the prestigious Institute of Kidney Disease and Institute of Transplantation Sciences (IKDRC-ITS), Ahmedabad. He is well-trained surgeon with experience of performing and managing nearly thousand kidney transplants in his career. His special area of interest includes swap kidney transplant (i.e. paired exchange program) and is the pioneer of the same.
Apart from Kidney Transplant, his area of specialization includes Retroperitoneoscopic Donor Nephrectomy that includes removal of kidney from donor with very small incision leading to minimal post-operative discomfort and early discharge from the hospital. He has rich experience in the field of advanced laparoscopic surgery that includes Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty, laparoscopic repair of vesico-vaginal fistula and laparoscopic ureteric reimplant surgery. He is the best trained urologist of the region performing RIRS and PCNL for kidney stones and laser prostate surgery. He provides evidence-based best care for urological cancers and is renown surgeon performing Laparoscopic Radical and partial nephrectomy for kidney cancers, radical cystectomy with neobladder formation and laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. He has published more than 50 scientific publications in reputed international and national journals and presented various papers at different national and international conferences. His work and achievements are frequently being recognized in national and regional media and news papers.
- Performed and managed nearly thousand kidney transplants independently, as team leader and as team member.
- Experienced in Advanced Laparoscopic Urology having performed more than 1000 laparoscopic surgeries including Retroperitonescopic Donor nephrectomy, laparoscopic radical and simple nephrectomy, and laparoscopic partial nephrectomy. Reconstructive surgeries like laparoscopic pyeloplasty, laparoscopic VVF repair and laparoscopic ureteric re-implant. He is the pioneer of retroperitoneoscopic kidney surgey in the region.
- Performed several thousands of kidney stone surgeries including RIRS, PCNL, URSL and laparoscopic stone surgeries. Leading RIRS surgeon in region.
- Several hundreds of prostate surgeries with special interest in Laser Prostate surgery i.e. HoLEP
- Urethroplasty including complex strictures and urethral rupture injuries and difficult and Redo surgeries.
- Uro-oncology: Radical nephrectomies, radical cystectomy and neobladders, radical prostatectomies.
- Experienced in Pediatric and reconstructive urology, Uro-gynaecology and Urodynamics.
- M.Ch. Urology from .
- M.S. (Surgery) from PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- MBBS from Govt Medical College, Patiala
Past Work and Teaching Experience
Papers presented at National/ Zonal Conferences
- “Laparoscopic management of lymphoceles in post-renal transplant patients” presented at National Conference on Organ Transplant ISOT-2016 conference, Chandigarh.
- “Effect of donor body mass index on surgical performance and outcomes in retroperitoneal laparoscopic donor nephrectomy: A prospective study” presented at National Conference on Organ Transplant ISOT-2016 conference, Chandigarh.
- “Study of genetic variations in micro-RNA genes and prostate cancer risk in north Indian population” presented at USICON-2013, Pune.
- “Prospective evaluation and clinical implications of urinary lipids in chyluria” presented at USICON-2013, Pune.
- “Intraoperative Floppy Iris Syndrome in North Indian eyes-The Tamsulosin impact.” presented at NZUSICON-2012, Jammu.
- “Urodynamic Alterations caused by Prolonged Bladder Drainage: A preliminary study” presented at NZUSICON-2012, Jammu.
- “Percutaneous nephrolithotomy for renal calculi in patients with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: a single Centre expeience” presented at USICON-2012, Bangalore.
- “Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy in pediatric stone disease: our experience” presented at NZUSICON-2011, Shimla
- “Radical Prostatectomy: Experience and short term results” presented at NZUSICON-2010, Gurgaon.
- 27th National conference of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, Chandigarh (ISOT-2016).
- 46th National Conference of Urological Society of India, Pune (USICON-2013).
- 22nd Annual conference of North zone chapter of Urological Society of India (NZ-USICON 2012) at Jammu
- 45th National Conference of Urological Society of India, Bengaluru (USICON-2012).
- 21st Annual conference of North zone chapter of Urological Society of India (NZ-USICON 2011) at Shimla.
- 20th Annual conference of North zone chapter of Urological Society of India (NZ-USICON 2010) at Gurgaon.
- Live operative workshop on stricture urethra and mens health symposium at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital and PGIMER, New Delhi from 13 -14 Aug 2011.
- National conference and workshop on Surgical Techniques and updates held in April 2009 at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- National conference on ‘Intra Abdominal Infections’ held in April 2007 at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- Symposium on Breast Cancer ‘what is new in breast cancer’ held in October 2006, at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
International Travel Fellowships
- Awarded with USI-Olympus residents international travel fellowship (2012) by Urological Society of India.
- Attended Urology Residents Course-2012 (URC) in Singapore, organized by Singapore Urology association and Urological association of Asia.
- Attended ‘Masterclass in Endourology, Laproscopy and Robotic surgery’ organized at Singapore General Hospital.
- Delivered a lecture on ‘Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology of normal antegrade ejaculation and lymphatic drainage of the testes and its oncological relevance’.
- Lifetime member of Urological Society of India
- Lifetime member of Indian Society of organ transplant
- Lifetime member of North Zone chapter of Urological Society of India